I know it sounds trivial, but from experience I know how difficult it is to actually keep that in mind all the time.
I know the size of the gap between understanding something intellectually and actually doing what I understand.
So I chose this picture as a reminder for:
- speaking to prospects and customers
- interviewing users of computer systems
- creating and delivering workshops
- training people on so called "productivity" suites when productivity goes down the drain simply because Word is used like the good old typewriter or a user does not trust Excel to add properly the contents of two cells
- discussing with other people about their careers (people tend to confide a lot... must be the trust inspired by the bald-man)
If you would like to view the image in full size, just click on it.